25 July 2016

Christmas in July

Morning, folks!  Now that summer is upon us, I thought it would be a good idea to make some Christmas cards :)

I've used the Lawn Fawn Lawn Cuts Stitched Snowflakes.  The snowflakes come attached to each other - you can leave them like that (as I did) or you can separate them to use individually or in a different arrangement.  The beauty of this die set is that you can use both the negative and positive cuts so you can get two cards for the price of one.
I started off by cutting the set out of white card, then leaving everything intact I brushed a watercolour wash of Tumbled Glass Distress Ink across, allowing the colour to pool unevenly at the edges of the cuts.  Once dried, I removed the cut pieces and adhered the panel to my card base.  I popped the two larger snowflakes back into place to use as a guide for sticking the interior shapes into place, and diluted some Viva Decor Inka Gold and flicked it over the finished card.
That left me with the stitched snowflakes to use on another card.
Again, I flicked some Inka Gold over the navy card base, and brushed the snowflakes with Wink of Stella for a little sheen.
Then I just adhered the snowflakes by the centres and curled up their edges for a bit of dimension.

Thanks for looking, and have a great Sunday!

Shirley x

No comments: